Tuition Assistance

Fort Carson

Using Tuition Assistance

Please visit our UCCS Ft Carson Office for TA assistance as we migrate to the new ArmyIgnitED system.  The instructions below will be updated as soon as possible.


Please note that all TA requests MUST be approved before the class start date.


To start you will need to set up your GoArmyEd account and ensure your account is free of holds. Within GAE set your home school to UCCS and enter your degree plan. (If you are having troubles with your GAE account speak with an Army education counselor)

Submit your Military Certification Form (available at the Fort Carson Education Center) to our UCCS Fort Carson office or the UCCS Records Office on campus. This ensures you receive the in-state tuition rate. 

Go to the College Opportunity Fund website and register for the COF stipend. Once registered visit your myUCCS Portal and authorize COF. (Detailed instructions here)

Once you have registered for classes and your bill has become available: 

  • Drop by our UCCS office on Fort Carson or contact us at or 719-526-8066 and request a degree plan, cost verification, and course schedule upload to your GAE account. 
  • Request TA (instructions in the steps below)
STEP 1: Select "Request TA"
STEP 2: Read and Agree with SoU
STEP 3: Select Classes to Add
STEP 4: Request TA
STEP 5: Review Account Information
STEP 6: Download Your Approved TA Request
STEP 7: Upload Your Approved TA Request to UCCS

For printable instructions for requesting TA click here.

Further questions? Contact us at 719-526-8066 or at


Education Center Contact Information

Reception / Administration Office:  Room 138, Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri 0730-1630 (Closed Wednesdays)

Army Education Counselors available: Mon, Tue, Thu 0900-1530; Fri, 1300-1530 (Closed Wednesdays)

Counseling available by appointments only on Fri, 0900-1200

Computer Lab (Rm 103) M-F, 0800-1700

Fort Carson Education Center Website

 **PLEASE CALL 719-526-2124 for additional information**