Fort Carson Education Center FAQ

Fort Carson

Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I apply?

You can submit your application through our online application. Application fees are waived for active duty and veterans! If you have no prior college or fewer than 24 prior college credits you can apply as a first-year student. If you have more than 24 prior college credit hours you can apply as a transfer student.

For admission requirements and additional information, please refer to the Office of Admissions


How will my prior college credits and military courses transfer?

When you apply you will need to submit your transcripts along with your application. A transfer counselor with review your transcripts and transfer courses that fit your desired degree plan. Visit our transfer page to learn more about the process. If you'd like to get an idea of how your credits will transfer ahead of time Transferology is a free tool designed to help students explore their transfer options. 

Your military courses can be transferred once you've been accepted to UCCS. For more information visit our Military Transfer Credit Evaluation page


When should I apply?

You are welcome to apply at any time but we recommend applying two months before the semester in which you'd like to start. 


When do classes start and how long are they?

Spring semester starts in mid-January and fall semester starts in mid-August and each are 16 weeks long. Summer semester typically starts in early June and is 8 weeks long.   Pre-term and half-term courses are also offered.


What degrees do you offer?

We offer a wide variety of degree plans as well as pre-professional programs, minors, and certificates. 

For a full overview of our programs and their typical course work visit us at our advising page, simply find the college you're looking to attend, open the Advising Guide drop-down and you'll see a full selection of degrees offered by the college with more information.


What classes are offered in the upcoming semester?

You can browse our course listings through our course search which allows you to sort and filter by a number of categories, including semester, course subject, and date. 


What financial resources are available?

We highly recommend you speak with our financial aid counselors who can help you apply for scholarships, grants, and loans. If you are located on, or near, Fort Carson we highly recommend you visit the Education Center and speak with the TRIO office who can also help you apply for FAFSA. Our UCCS Fort Carson office can help you with the process of using your Tuition Assistance education benefits. Visit us here for more information on TA.


Can I take courses if I'm deploying or in the field?

UCCS offers a wide variety of online courses and depending on your schedule you may be able to. Before registering for a course we recommend you speak with your chain of command as well as the professor of the course you'd like to take to ensure the course can fit your scheduling needs. 


If you have questions about Tuition Assistance please visit us in the Ft Carson Education Center.


Further questions? Contact us at 719-526-8066 or at



Education Center Contact Information

Reception / Administration Office:  Room 138, Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri 0730-1630 (Closed Wednesdays)

Army Education Counselors available: Mon, Tue, Thu 0900-1530; Fri, 1300-1530 (Closed Wednesdays)

Counseling available by appointments only on Fri, 0900-1200

Computer Lab (Rm 103) M-F, 0800-1700

Fort Carson Education Center Website

 **PLEASE CALL 719-526-2124 for additional information**