Dropping Courses After Census Date
- The Post-Census Course Drop Request Form is required for all students using VA Education Benefits who wish to drop a course(s) after census date. Forms must be received no later than 5 p.m. MDT on Friday, October 29th to meet the deadline to drop for fall 2021. Upon submission of this form you will receive an email with information regarding the financial impact of dropping after census date. You will then have 3 days to drop the course(s) through your student portal before the hold is put back on your account. NOTE: It is the student's responsibility to drop the course(s) through their student portal.
Application for VA Education Benefits
Change of Program or Place of Training
Military Transcript Evaluation Request
- Military Transcript Evaluation Request
- Please ensure JST or CCAF transcript has been sent to Admissions and Records
- Click here for more information on the evaluation process.
Advance Payment Request (Ch 30, 35, and 1606 only)
- Not available for Ch 33 and Ch 1607
- Student must be enrolled at least half-time and
- There must be more than 30 days between terms and
- VA must receive the advance payment request at least 30 days but no more than 120 days before the enrollment period.
- Complete the Advance Payment Request and submit to email@example.com.
Mitigating Circumstances Form
- For situations where a student must drop courses after census date due to events beyond the student's control (i.e. illness, injury, military obligations, unforeseen financial obligations, etc.) and has already been paid by the VA.
- The VA may pay benefits up until the student stopped attending class(es).
- The student will still be responsible for payment for the period of time after they stopped attending.
- Complete the Mitigating Circumstances Form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here for Mitigating Circumstances FAQ
Parent School Letter
- If student is using benefits, and taking courses at another school that they intend to transfer back to UCCS, this form is required.
- Complete Parent School Letter with your academic advisor, and email it to email@example.com or bring it to Veteran and Military Affairs.