Getting Your Veteran Education Benefits Started


Getting Your VA Education Benefits Started

Once you are admitted to UCCS, it is highly recommended you attend the Veteran and Military Orientation. 

Upon admission, please follow these Four Important Steps:

v Submit your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to Veteran and Military Affairs through, or bring it to the Student Veteran Center.

Ø  Never used VA Education Benefits?  Click HERE

Ø  Transferring benefits from another school?  Click HERE

Ø  It can take 30-60 days to receive your COE from the VA – apply early!

v Schedule a New Student Intake (NSI) with Veteran and Military Affairs (VMA). 

Ø  Bring your COE or submit it in advance to

Ø  Using dependent education benefits? Ensure you have your sponsor’s SSN.

v Submit a Residency Petition for In-State Tuition with the Office of the Registrar. 

Ø  In-state tuition is not given, it must be applied for through the Registrar's Office. 

v Submit a Request for Enrollment Verification (REV) through your student portal, under "Records and Registration". 

Ø  Do this each semester once you are enrolled. 

Ø  Report any schedule changes to Veteran and Military Affairs. 


Contact us with any questions:

719-255-3253 or

Click on your chapter benefit below for more information:

Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty
Chapter 31 - Veteran Readiness & Employment (formerly Voc Rehab)
Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill®
Chapter 35 - Dependents Educational Assistance
Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve

Students are ultimately responsible for their tuition. 

Early submission of your paperwork reduces the possibility of delays.

Late fees are not covered by the VA.   

Please contact the Bursar's office for further information.      


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at